It's all over the net now, but a day or two ago Joystiq brought us this:
David Cage, director of the soggy serial killer interactive drama Heavy Rain, has already said there won't be a sequel to that game, telling the PlayStation Blog, "We're going to be exploring a different direction, which will still be very dark and still for adults, but completely different to Heavy Rain" for Quantic Dreams' next project. That game's specifics may be a secret, but it may have a title: "Fiv5" ... yes, in the style of David Fincher's film Se7en.
I would indeed like to see them branch out of the Serial Killer genre, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen. Here's what I think will happen:
- It will be billed as the next iteration of cinematic gaming / interactive film
- And it will look great
- And it will look exciting
- And everyone will get it, and play it
- And it will feature: more dumb choices by characters
- More plot holes
- More exploitation and victimization of reason for no reason whatsoever
- More horrible violence
- More serial killing
- And I will want to punch David Cage in the face.